This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of zulily.com
It’s amazing that Mother’s Day is already upon us. It sure snuck up on us fast! In celebration of moms, online retailer zulily.com is honoring new moms nationwide by taking a closer look at something they all can relate to –budgeting for all things baby with online discounts and amazing products specifically for baby and family.
Check out some of the survey insights the folks at zulily found regarding spending and saving habits when preparing for baby:
- With annual childcare costs hovering around $6,000, it’s crucial to choose (and pay!) the right person to watch your kids. In our survey Julia Roberts was voted the top celeb moms would let babysit, but Kim Kardashian didn’t make the cut and was only selected by 3% of respondents.
- Raising kids can get pretty pricey, so it’s no surprise a third of mothers surveyed said they’d compete in a monthly random dance battle (32%) in exchange for free baby gear, attire, etc.
- Almost half of mothers surveyed (45%) said the most missed pre-mom indulgence is actually having a day off.
- 33% of moms agreed that the most common squabble couples have regarding new parenting is about money.
With all the above stats, it’s no wonder moms everywhere are always on the lookout for smarter ways to spend on baby. I know when my kids were little, we were clipping coupons, saving any formula/diaper coupons especially and even asking relatives to handover whatever discounts they had left. I even recall a time that a few of us moms were passing on extra formula coupons to those whose kids were still drinking formula. The online retailer zulily is dedicated to helping out young families by offering unexpected items for baby and the whole family, in fact, just in the last year customers have saved millions of dollars on baby gear items. Here’s the breakdown:
- Savings on baby blankets: over $2.4M
- Total savings on key items needed to set up a nursery: over $2.6M
- Savings on all baby feeding supplies: over $4.5M
Be sure to check back on zulily.com or on their app every morning to discover new finds, especially on Mother’s Day (May 8th) for their Moms First event, to shop everything a new mama wouldn’t want to be without.