This shop has been compensated by Lunchbox. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TreatThePups
Can you believe the holidays are HERE? I’ve been spending a little bit each day getting the house spruced up for the season. This week, I decided to make sure our beloved Minnie was included in the fun, and created an amazing Treat Wreath just for her.
I stopped by my local Walmart to pick up the essential treats. Minnie just LOVES Milk-Bone and Pup-Peroni dog snacks.
Then I decided to check out my local craft store to grab the necessary supplies to put the wreath together:
What you’ll need:
- Milk-Bone Biscuits for Dogs
- Pup-Peroni Dog Snacks
- Favorite Dog Toys
- Ready to decorate Floral Craft Ring 6″
- Two Rolls of Ribbon
- Hot Glue & Glue Gun
- Take the ready to decorate floral craft ring and place on a table. Use the hot glue from the glue gun and to glue the beginning of the ribbon to the back of the craft ring (DO NOT glue any of the treats).
- Grab a few of the Milk-Bones and place them diagonally on the ring to figure spacing.
- Take the ribbon and begin wrapping around one Milk-Bone, then twist around the back of the craft ring. Place second Milk-Bone down and repeat.
- Continue step 3 until you’ve completely covered the craft ring.
- Using the hot glue, adhere ribbon to the back of the craft ring (DO NOT glue any of the treats). This ribbon hold the bones in place.
- Take a new piece of ribbon and glue to the back of the craft ring to start layer #2. (DO NOT glue any of the treats)
- Place Milk-Bone in the opposite diagonal with 1/2 Pup-Peroni stick.
- Wrap ribbon around Milk-Bone and Pup-Peroni stick, and twist around the back of the craft ring
- Continue step #8 all the way around the wreath, and glue the end of the ribbon to the back of the craft ring. (DO NOT glue any of the treats)
- Make or use pre-made bow and fasten to the top of the wreath while tying in squeaky toys for the final look.
- Use wreath hanger, wire or fishing wire to hang wreath in desired location.
I can’t believe she sat long enough to take this photo. She kept twisting her neck to get a sniff of all the goodness attached to that iron fireplace gate.
Now I didn’t use any adhesives or anything that my baby couldn’t eat when putting this wreath together, since I did want her to be able to enjoy her special Treat Wreath during the holidays, which why the ribbon works so well. Another option could be fishing line to hold the treats in place.
Want to get in on the fun and create something truly special for your pup? Check out the DIY crafty ideas at HERE.
Big Heart Pet Brand and Walmart have some great DIY crafting treat fun for your fur baby! Some will make perfect gifts for pet relatives.
Have a great idea? Please share! I’d love to find new ways of spoiling my beloved Minnie-boo. Happy crafting!
2 thoughts on “DIY Holiday Treat Wreath | #TreatThePups #ad”
This is so cute!!!! Going to make some for my furry friends.
What a cute idea! My dogs will love it.