Did you miss your chance to indulge on some Knott’s Berry Farm’s tasty treats during the Taste of Calico? Or are you craving some Boysenberry goodness? You’re in luck! Knott’s is hosting another flavor filled event, The Taste of Knott’s. Event starts August 21st and you’ll need to purchase tasting cards to attend one of the select weekend dates through September 13th.
Expanding upon the popular Taste of Calico introduced earlier this month, Taste of Knott’s celebrates classic flavors from around the park including new and one-of-a-kind food, drink and merchandise offerings throughout Ghost Town, Fiesta Village and Boardwalk. This event includes over 35 food and drink items to choose from.
Knott’s Berry Farm staff are excited to welcome everyone back to the park. There are certain new safety requirements that will be enforced. All guests need to wear a face mask or covering, remember to social distance throughout the park, and be mindful of others. When you arrive, you will walk through temperature screening, security screening and at the gates your ticket will be scanned. This is where you pick up your tasting card.
Once you’re past the entrance, it is time to indulge The Taste of Knott’s offers more food varieties with the addition of Mexican-inspired cuisine, Knott’s famous BBQ offerings and classic Knott’s dishes pulled from the pages of the celebrated Knott’s Berry Farm Cookbook. In addition to dining, wander the park and shop at the 14 artisan booths scattered throughout or at select Knott’s retail stores to purchase special limited event merchandise.
This special dining and retail experience is complemented by the unique Knott’s Berry Farm atmosphere that can’t be found anywhere else. The event will run weekends only, Fridays – Sundays, August 21 – September 13. The only way to experience the limited time Taste of Knott’s is with a tasting card purchased in advance at knotts.com.
- Plan ahead: check out all food offerings/locations and make a plan as to which booths you’d like to visit first.
- Knott’s refillable beverages containers are not available for purchase. However, you are able to purchase individual sodas. Water is also available, however we brought our own hydro flask full of ice water.
- Start early: We decided to visit the Taste of Knott’s for lunch. Wait times were approximately 15-20 minutes. We did notice the park did get more crowded later in the day (closer to the dinner rush).
- Yes, bring plastic bags for items you are unable to purchase. We utilized our tasting cards to the max. Because some of the of the portions are larger, we filled up quicker. Therefore we ended up with food-to-go. Plastic bags make it easier to take it home with you.
- Divide and conquer: If you have several adults in your party, split up and visit two different booths at the same time. You’ll maximize your time.
So going back to my tips, planning ahead is your best course of action. With over 35 food and drink items to choose from, start off with the item you are most interested in tasting. There are 27 booths scattered throughout the park. Many of the food and beverage options are available at several different booths. Additionally, it is much easier to distinguish the booths as they’re listed alphabetically on the map (even the waiting lines)! Check out the options below:
- Acai Bowl with Granola & Fruit: Gourmet Coffee Hut
- Arroz con Leche (Rice Pudding): Fiesta Booth
- Blue Velvet Lemon Cookiewich with Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream: Chowhouse Ice Cream, Dippin Dots
- Boysenberry All Beef Meatballs: Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Boysenberry Basil Lemonade: Coaster’s Diner, Fireman’s BBQ, Wilderness Broiler
- Boysenberry Beer (Assorted): Boardwalk BBQ Booth #2, Calico Saloon, Coaster’s Diner, Judge Roy Bean, Wilderness Dance Hall Patio
- Boysenberry Breaded Chicken Tender on a Waffle with Fire Honey: Coaster’s Diner, Spurs Booth
- Boysenberry Chips and Boysenberry Salsa: La Papa Loca
- Boysenberry Margarita: Cantina, Coaster’s Diner
- Boysenberry Mint Agua Fresca: Fiesta Booth
- Boysenberry Sangria: Boardwalk BBQ Booth #2, Calico Saloon, Judge Roy Bean, Wilderness Dance Hall Patio
- Boysenberry Smoothie: Calico Saloon, Gourmet Coffee Hut, Judge Roy Bean, Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Boysenberry Wine: Boardwalk BBQ Booth #2, Calico Saloon, Judge Roy Bean, Wilderness Dance Hall Patio
- Carnitas Fries with Pico de Gallo & Sour Cream: La Papa Loca
- Chicken Mole on Jasmine Rice with Cilantro: Fiesta Dogs
- Corn on the Cob with Boysenberry Butter May and Cotija Cheese: Charleston Circle Booth, Fireman’s BBQ
- Crinkle Chips with Beer Cheese Dip: Wilderness Broiler
- Deep Fried Boysenberry Pie Bites with Powdered Sugar: Ghost Town Grub, Log Ride Funnel Cake, Sutter’s Funnel Cake
- Duros de Rueda with Lemon and Hot Sauce: La Papa Loca
- Esquites (Corn Kernels with Mayo, Cheese, Cayenne Pepper & Butter): Fiesta Dogs
- French Toast Churro Sticks with a Buttercream Caramel Dipping Sauce: Gourmet Churro Factory
- Funnel Cake Fries with Strawberry Dipping Sauce: Ghost Town Grub, Sutter’s Funnel Cake, Log Ride Funnel Cake
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Sandwich with Onion Strings and Arugula: Wilderness Broiler
- Hatch Chili Mac and Cheese: Boardwalk Pier Booth, Wilderness Dance Hall Patio
- Homestyle Mac and Cheese: Boardwalk Pier Booth, Wilderness Dance Hall Patio
- Hummus, Artichoke, Spinach and Tzatziki Trio with Naan Bread & Veggies: Coaster’s Diner
- Louisiana Style Mild Pork & Beef Sausage on a Hoagie Bun: Charleston Circle Booth, Fireman’s BBQ
- Mac and Cheese Pizza Slice: Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Mango Cider: Boardwalk BBQ Booth #1, Calico Saloon, Judge Roy Bean, Wilderness Dance Hall Patio
- Michelada: Cantina
- Mini Corn Dogs with French Fries and Boysenberry Mustard: Strictly On-A-Stick
- Modelo Negra: Cantina, Fiesta Dogs
- Mrs. Knott’s Famous Chicken Slider with House Aioli, served with Crinkle Chips: Wilderness Broiler
- Peaches and Cream Popping Boba: Gourmet Coffee Hut
- Watermelon Lemonade: Pemmican Pickle, Chowhouse Ice Cream
- White Bean and Chicken Chili on Jasmine Rice with a Boysenberry Cornbread Muffin: Boardwalk Pier Booth, Judge Roy Bean
- Shrimp Po’Boy with Shredded Lettuce, Tomatoes and Chipotle Crema: Sutter’s Grill
- Shrimp Southwest Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing: Cantina
- Shrimp Taco with Aioli Slaw on a Corn Tortilla: Cantina
- Slow Smoked Brisket Sandwich with BBQ Sauce and Cabbage Slaw: Boardwalk BBQ Booth #1
- Smoked Pork Rib over Corn Salsa: Boardwalk BBQ Booth #1
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with Whipped Cream: Sutter’s Funnel Cake, Ghost Town Grub
- Tater Tots Topped with BBQ Marinated Pulled Pork, Chipotle Ranch and Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Calico Fry Co., Sutter’s Grill
- Tater Tots Topped with Faux BBQ Pulled Pork Jackfruit, Vegan Cheese and Sriracha: Calico Fry Co., Sutter’s Grill
- Unicorn Icee – Orange Fanta, Blue Raspberry, Red Cherry and Yellow Lemon: Chowhouse Ice Cream
Since it was a hot summer day, the family LOVED anything cold. Their favorite was the Unicorn Icee from the Taste of Knott’s. For me, I enjoyed the Boysenberry Margarita, but my absolute favorite dish I sampled was the shrimp tacos. Three jumbo pieces of shrimp on a bed of aioli slaw had a bit of a heat kick. So delicious.
We also enjoyed the corn on the cob, esquites, funnel cake fries, deep fried boysenberry bites and a couple of others. Seriously, I think we need to go back another day because there are several other items I’d like to sample.
In addition to dining, we shopped at a few of the 14 artisan booths and at Knott’s retail stores. At the artisan booths we found items from a variety of nuts to hand made trinkets. In the retail locations, we found typical Knott’s merchandise and special limited event merch.
The Taste of Knott’s event hours are Fridays and Saturdays from 12pm – 9pm and Sundays from 12pm to 8pm. The only way to experience the limited-time food event is with a Taste of Knott’s Tasting Card. Regular tasting cards (ages 12+) are priced at $30 (plus tax) and will include five food tastings and Junior tasting cards (ages 3 – 11) are $15 (plus tax) and include three tastings; children two and under are free. Tasting cards are date specific and must be purchased online at knotts.com or through the Knott’s Berry Farm mobile app prior to the date of visit. One tasting card, per person, per entrance. Tasting Cards will be limited each day and can sell out.