Each year, we make it a point to visit the OC Fair at least once. We are usually traveling or trying to catch up with our Summer Bucket list that typically we only have the opportunity to enjoy the food, entertainment and livestock all in one day. However this year we may need to change our plans! Right now you can purchase an OC Fair Super Pass and 23-day access to the 2014 Fair, express entry at all gates, a free 2014 OC Fair souvenir pin, a carnival value book and 2-for-1 tickets for select events at the Pacific Amphitheatre, The Hangar and Action Sports Arena.
“Summer Starts Here” at the OC Fair from July 11th through August 10th (Wednesdays – Sundays) with 23 days of food, rides, exhibits, animals, music, action sports and fun. The 2014 Super Pass is available at a discount now through May 31st!!!!
Discounted Super Pass Prices:
- General $30
- Senior (60+) $23
- Youth (6-12) $23
The 2014 Super Pass can be purchased online at ocfair.com/superpass(only through July 4) or from the on-site Box Office or any ticket booth during the OC Fair.
Once the Fair starts July 11, Fairgoers still have many ways to save:
- Free Opening Hour offers complimentary admission and parking for everyone during the first hour of the opening day of the 2014 OC Fair on Friday, July 11, Noon-1 p.m.
- Kids Day (Thursdays) when children 12 and younger are free all day.
- Seniors Day is every Friday and guests 60 and older receive a $2 discount off a senior admission ticket and free Ferris wheel and merry-go-round rides all day.
- Foodies will not want to miss the weekly $2 Taste of Fair Food every Friday from Noon-4 p.m. with most Fair food vendors offering $2 tastes of various Fair favorites.
- Every Saturday and Sunday, early risers can save with Rise & Shine featuring $3 admission from 10-11 a.m. Also, Active-Duty U.S. Military and Veterans receive free Fair admission every day (with ID and not valid for spouses or dependents).
Fairgoers can save and give back to the community with the OC Fair’s We Care Wednesday weekly donation drives, which offer free admission and one free carnival ride per person with the proper donation. Donation requirements change weekly (new donation times for 2014):
- July 16 (Noon-3 p.m.) – Food Drive (5 cans of food)
- July 23 (Noon-3 p.m.) – Children’s Book Drive (1 new or 3 gently used children’s books)
- July 30 (Noon-3 p.m.) – Clothing Drive (5 new or gently used clothing items)
- August 6 (Noon-3 p.m.) – School Supply Drive (School supply item(s) valued at $5 or more, receipt is required for proof of value) Items Accepted: pens, pencils, crayons, notebooks, notebook paper, backpacks, colored pencils, markers, pencil boxes, pocket folders
RIDE DISCOUNTS: Thrill seekers can save in both the main and kiddie carnival with $2 Rides & $2 Games on Fridays from Noon-4 p.m. or$30 Unlimited Ride Wristbands on Wednesdays and Thursdays (sold until 5 p.m. and valid until 8 p.m.) Little bookworms can receive three free carnival rides though the Read and Ride program, where children ages 5-11 submit book reports for free carnival tickets. The required book report form is available online at ocfair.com.
The 2014 OC Fair even has a way for Fairgoers to save before they walk through its gates with the return of the OC Fair Express, which picks up from eight OCTA locations in Orange County and comes directly to the OC Fair. All riders receive a coupon for discounted Fair admission ($3). One-way fare is $2 and round-trip fare is $4. Visit octa.net/ocfairexpress for transit locations. In conjunction with the OC Fair Express, guests traveling from outside Orange County can jump onMetrolink to Anaheim Canyon, Santa Ana or Irvine stations to catch the OC Fair Express and receive a free ride when they show their Metrolink ticket. Weekend go-getters can save even more by taking advantage of Metrolink’s discounted $10 weekend day pass valid for either Saturday or Sunday. Visit metrolinktrains.com/ocfair for stations and more information.
The OC Fair & Event Center is located off the 405 and 55 freeways at 88 Fair Drive in Costa Mesa. For more information, please visit ocfair.com, become a fan at Facebook.com/OCFair, follow us at twitter.com/ocfair or call (714) 708-1500. Download the free OC Fair iPhone and Android apps available this summer.
Disclaimer: No compensation was received for this post. Shared for informational purposes only.