Our summer travels usually include destinations not so far from home, a “stay-cation” of sorts. For July, we hit up Big Bear for a few days. A friend of ours has a cabin in Sugarloaf so we stayed there.
Of the things we really enjoyed was walking through the Sugarloaf housing track, checking out the different types of cabins, seeing the lake and cruising the shops in downtown Big Bear.
There is a variety of things to do in Big Bear, depending upon the weather or season:
- Hiking – Trail maps are available
- Biking – Trail maps are available
- Big Bear Zoo
- Big Bear Funplex
- Alpine Slide
- Segway Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Time on the lake – Boats & Pontoon Rentals
- Pony Rides at Baldwin Lake Stables – They offer year round horseback riding, weather permitting
- Big Bear Off Road Adventures
The City of Big Bear also hosts a number of special events either weekly or throughout the year:
- Christmas In The Village
- Halloween In The Village
- Antique & Classic Boat Show
- Antique Car Club Fun Run
- JazzTrax – Summer Music Festival
- Fireworks On The Lake
- Friday Nights In The Village
What a great little get-away, just a few hours from the OC! We’ll definately be back to hit up some of the fun events!