This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Abreva, Emergen-C, Lipton, Robitussin and Theraflu. All opinions are mine alone. #SickDayTips #CollectiveBias
Every time I feel a little off, and realize it is more than likely, the beginning of an illness that will hinder my day to day schedule, I begin to panic. As per most parents, our schedule is bursting at the seems, and we just don’t have time to be laid up in bed. When the kids are sick, we end up adjusting our schedule and caring for our sickies while taking care of our responsibilities, but what do we do once the kids have recovered and we’re now in the thick of it?
December and January seem to be the months someone in our family, catches a bug. The kids bring home the germs from school, and share with the rest of us. Since this seems to be the trend in our family, I like to have certain items on hand, as a line of defense against excessive sniffles, coughs and all the nasty bugs. With a one-stop shop at our local Ralphs, I was able to pick up my go to items: Lipton Daily Support Herbal Tea, Abreva® Pump Cold Sore and Fever Blister Treatment, Theraflu Power Pods Nighttime Severe Cold, and Robitussin® Maximum Strength Honey Cough & Chest Congestion DM. (Please note that Theraflu Power Pods Nighttime Severe Cold, and Robitussin® Maximum Strength Honey Cough & Chest Congestion DM should not be used at the same time).
TIP: You may have a difficult time finding the Abreva® Pump Cold Sore and Fever Blister Treatment because it may not be on the shelf. I had to contact a store manager to get the item as it is kept in a different location at our Ralphs.
I like to support my immune system all year long with Emergen-C Immune+® because it has the key nutrients my body needs, like Vitamin C, D and Zinc.* Pair that with Lipton Daily Support Herbal Tea, a great source of Vitamin C, supports our body’s natural defenses with carefully selected botanicals, blended with natural essential oils that make every cup tasty.**
If the nasty germs finally take over, my symptoms are often worse in the evenings. I like to turn to my Theraflu Power Pods Nighttime Severe Cold that is compatible with most single serve coffee makers. It gives me relief without the prescription, temporarily relieving headache, nasal and sinus congestion and other nagging symptoms.
If I come down with a nasty cough, Robitussin Honey can help kick it, providing me relieve for hours. Tip: Remember, Theraflu Power Pods Nighttime Severe Cold and Robitussin® Maximum Strength Honey Cough & Chest Congestion DM should not be used at the same time.
Every so often a cold sore appears with cold symptoms. With Abreva, heal your cold sore in about 2 and a half days if you apply it at the first sign of sore.***
Now that the kids are older, I rely on them to team up and take care of me, a way to keep them entertained when I’m sick and stuck in bed:
- Caretakers – I put them in charge of making sure my water is full and that I have ice, have tissues, a book or whatever I need.
- Masters of QUIET – They can play games (Fortnite, video games, board games, movies, books, etc.) as long as they can keep the volume at a low roar.
- Spa Time: My kids are awesome when it comes to a massage, whether shoulders, head or feet. This always makes me feel better.
- Directors of Tidiness: The way to mom’s heart is to have a clean house. They are great at picking up around the house when they know mom isn’t feeling well. Any other time – apparently that is my job – ha ha.
- Self Starters – When mom is under the weather, I am so appreciative when my kids take it upon themselves to start on their homework, clean up and take care of their responsibilities.
In a way, it’s kind of nice to be sick, the kids are motivated to help mom feel better. And when dad is down – I ask them to jump in and help out dad as well. I recommend stocking up early, especially while many of these items have specials and discounts at Ralphs. For more sick day tips, visit here.
- Theraflu-(c) 2019 the GSK group of companies or its licensor. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older.
- Use all products only as directed. Read label and follow directions. Abreva, Emergen-C, Robitussin – Use only as directed. Read label and follow directions.
- ** These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent disease.
- *** When used at the first sign, median healing time was 4.1 days; 25% healed in 2.5 days.