Living in Southern California, water sports are a great way for family together time. Progressive Insurance Strictly Sail Long Beach returns to Rainbow Harbor, on Thursday, October 24 to Sunday, October 27th, offering families a chance to explore the fun of sailing and the boating lifestyle.
What is there to do? Families can play on the water! Learn to sail on a small sailboat, a small sabot, and kayak or paddle board. Bring the kids for an afternoon of “fun in the sun” with activities geared for all ages and skill level. And, kids under 15 are FREE (with paid adult ticket).
Located in the center of Long Beach’s famed Shoreline Village, Strictly Sail Long Beach features:
- Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center: Participate in hands-on clinics and get DIY questions answered. Certified Marine Service Technician, Fred, offers up practical and professional advice on maintaining, repairing or upgrading your boat or engine.
- It’s a boaters’ shopping paradise: There is no better place to shop and compare the top brands of sailboats, sailing gear and accessories. The best deals on new and brokerage sailboats ranging in sizes from 6 feet to 76 feet can be found at Strictly Sail Long Beach.
- Discover Boating Hands-On Skills Training: On-the-water workshops, presented by Discover Boating, will take sailing skills up a notch for both new sailors and experienced captains. This year’s show features a full schedule of workshops including Fundamental Sailing Skills, Docking under Power and Introduction to Catamarans.
- For the grown-ups, Educational Clinics and Seminars: Experienced and novice sailors alike can benefit from the numerous educational sessions offered on and off the water at Strictly Sail Long Beach. Blue Water Sailing Magazine presents a complete schedule of free hourly seminars on topics including the basics of hoisting sails, boating safety and navigating by the stars. World-renowned sailing pros will teach a number of immersive three-hour, half-day and full-day paid seminars and clinics, which include same day entry to the show.
- Free Sailing Lesson – Sailing Simulator: Get a feel for the water without leaving shore. The highly advanced Discover Boating sailing simulator, featured at this year’s America’s Cup in San Francisco, recreates the movement of a boat under sail. With the help of a certified instructor, learn to use a tiller and feel how a boat reacts to wind and waves.
- For moms, dads, kids – even grandparents! Try It Cove featuring on-water fun: Free hands-on, on-the-water, activities for all guests to enjoy. Try out entry-level sailboats, stand up paddle boarding (SUP), kayaking and more. Visitors are encouraged to bring a suit and towel for Try It Cove activities.
- 2nd Annual Cruising Outpost Cruisers’ Party – Saturday, October 26: — All sailors are invited to this dockside celebration featuring free beer and pizza, live music and prizes.
Admission to Strictly Sail Long Beach is $10 for adults; youth 15 and younger accompanied by an adult and active military with ID are free. Tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the box office (cash only). Show hours: Thursday and Friday 12pm-7:00pm; Saturday, 10:00am-7:00pm and Sunday, 10:00am-6:00pm. For more information call (714) 633-7581 or visit www.strictlysaillongbeach.com.GIVEAWAY Win a family 4-pack of tickets! a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends October 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. Open to US Residents 18 and older only. Prizes cannot be shipped to PO Boxes. Winner will be selected at random and be notified by email. Winners have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. Not liable for unclaimed prizes or fulfillment. Blog has represented each sponsor with the expectation they will fulfill their prize and in a timely manner. No purchase necessary to enter or win; however you must enter for a chance to win. Purchase does not increase chance of winning. Chances of winning depend on number of entries. My opinions are my own and were not influenced by any form of compensation. Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform are in no way associated with this giveaway. By providing your information in this form, you are providing your information to this blog. I do not share or sell information and will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the winner. Winners can only win Toddler Trails Giveaways once a month.