A couple of weeks ago, we were invited to attend the Media Day at Aquarium of The Pacific in celebration of the grand opening of their new exhibits, programs and new retails store.
The kids and I were super excited to receive tickets to check out the new “Wonders Of The Deep” gallery that features new animals such as Flashlight Fish, Inshore Hagfish, Chambered Nautilus, Deep-Sea Isopods, Giant Deep Sea Isopods, Tanner Crabs, Squat Lobsters, Blood Stars, Fragile Urchins, California King Crabs and Echinoderms. A great learning experience, the kids enjoyed petting the jelly fish and learning about these rarely seen creatures. Their favorite: The Flashlight Fish that grow up to five inches in length and have bioluminescent bacteria that resides under their eyes, and found as deep as 1,200 feet.
Do you have a mini ocean explorer? Then they won’t want to miss out on the Explorer’s Day At The Aquarium. On Sunday, July 21st, guests will get to hear from historical and modern day explorers, see demonstrations and more.
- Fish Fry Camp: designed for parents and 3-4 year olds
- Sea Squirt Camp: for 5-6 year olds to explore the ocean
- Ocean Adventure Camp: second to fourth graders
- Junior Bioligist Camp: fourth to seventh grade students
- Marine Science Sleepover Camp: seventh thru ninth graders spend a week and a night at the Aquarium