Highlights for June include:
The Automobile Club of Southern California serves as a community partner and will be hosting two AAA Safety Days with us this month. In addition, they will provide grown-ups the proper knowledge of car seat safety, proper tire inflation, and other road safety tips!
- Tuesday, June 4: AAA Road Safety Day – All About Autos & Trucks: Come see a real AAA tow truck and watch our driver demonstrate how it works. Representatives from the Irvine Police Department will also be on-site to give car-seat safety information. Tuesday,
- Tuesday, June 18: AAA Road Safety Day – Your Auto on the Road: Children can navigate Pretend City’s streets while learning to obey traffic signs/lights and read maps. Grown-ups can learn child safety-seat information from Auto Club staff while learning to stay safe on SoCal roadways.
- Friday, June 7: Truck Touch – Police Pals: Come and meet officers from the Irvine Police Department as they show off their special police cars and how they function.
- Friday, June 14: Truck Touch – Fire Friends: Celebrate Flag Day with our firefighter friends from Station 51 and see and touch a big red fire engine! Children will learn how firefighters save the day.
- Friday, June 21: Truck Touch – Just Chill’n: Kick off the first day of summer with ice cream from Just Chill’n Ice Cream truck. Meet Amber and learn how she made her cool dream a reality.
- Friday, June 28: Truck Touch – Truck Bash: Children will receive a visit from Orange County’s own “mini-trash truck” and learn to keep our communities clean and healthy. Think clean and green!
Wednesday, June 5: World Environment Day Time: 11:00a.m. – 3:30p.m.
This year’s World Environment Day theme, “Think, Eat, Save,” focuses on reducing our “foodprint” through anti-waste activities. Find out more about the environmental impact of the food choices we make and how you and your little ones can make informed decisions. Incorporate healthy eating habits into your family’s daily routine to help your child build lifelong habits that promote good health and less waste!
Saturday, June 8: 4th Annual Good To Go From Head To Toe Family Fun and Wellness Fair Time: 9:00a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Join for a fun-filled family day to kick off the summer! Enjoy live entertainment, food and developmental and health screenings. The Children and Families Commission of Orange County, local community organizations and healthcare partners will be offering speech and language screenings, dental screenings and developmental screenings. Participate in 3 or more of our screenings and receive a FREE ticket to Pretend City Children’s Museum!
Monday, June 10: Baby Steps through Pretend City! Time: 2:00-3:30p.m.
Specifically for: Infant (0-18 months) and their grown-ups. For the comfort of our infant guests, no older siblings please.
Introduce your baby to creativity and art now. This Baby Steps event will show you how to do art activities with your infant to enhance your child’s development. Visit the Art Studio, Beach, and Grocery Store for exclusive infant and young toddler only age-appropriate, facilitated activities.
RSVP: max 60
Fee: $10 per adult, FREE for infants and Pretend City Members
Saturday, June 15: Celebrate Father’s Day
Bring dads, uncles, grandpas, and kids alike to enjoy the magic of playing together at Pretend City’s Father’s Day celebration! Celebration activities include:
Smart Art: I Love My Daddy! Listen to a story about love from a toddler’s point of view and share a smile! Continue the fun with an art activity filled with love.
Sensational Science: Mechanics’ Machines! You and your little scientists will use mechanical principles to explore and investigate open-ended, problem-solving activities.
Sunday, June 16 – Closed in honor of Father’s Day
Sunday–Monday, June 23–24 – Pretend City Café Exhibit closed while we are moving in our new café.
About Pretend City Children’s Museum:
Pretend City Children’s Museum features a small, interconnected city designed to “build better brains” through purposeful play, hands-on learning experiences, role playing, and educational programming. As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization serving all children, it depends on community-based funding and guest support. Through 17 interactive exhibits and activities guided by a highly trained professional staff, children learn foundational math, reading and science skills, while fostering curiosity, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, organization, teamwork, self-confidence and socialization. The museum is a unique community resource offering developmental screenings and tools for families, educators and community agencies working to ensure that each child gains the experiences needed to discover their potential and build toward a productive and fulfilling future. Pretend City Children’s Museum is located at 29 Hubble, Irvine, CA 92618. For more information, please visit www.pretendcity.org.