Each year, the PTA and families at our school absolutely spoil our teachers. We honor them in a week long celebration with daily gifts like flowers, favorite snacks and more. It’s awesome when companies get behind our teachers and celebrate them for all they do for our youngster, and LEGOLAND is one of those companies that celebrates our educators with Teacher Appreciation Days.
Now that I’m a substitute teacher, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I qualified to take advantage of LEGOLAND’s Teacher Appreciation Days. Classroom teachers are invited to enjoy the park, FREE, on the following Saturdays and Sundays in 2017:
June 3-4, Sept – Nov 19, and Dec 16-17, 2017
LEGOLAND’s Teacher Appreciation Days Details:
- FREE Admission for California classroom teachers.
- Valid for K – 12 California classroom teachers.
- Includes full day Park admission.
- Family and Friends $50. Upgrade to include SEA LIFE Aquarium for $5 more..
- Pick up tickets at Guest Service window on the day of your visit.
- Verification of classroom teacher status required. Bring valid teacher ID, check stub, or other verification. Classroom teachers only.
- Advance reservations required, pre-register or call 760-438-5346
Legoland also hosts a “Teacher Preview Party“. Discover Legoland and Sea Life Aquarium field trips. The Preview Party includes:
- Preview fieldtrips
- Free admission for California classroom teachers
- Special activities, refreshments and prizes (teachers only)
- Family & Friends $48, upgrade to include SEA LIFE Aquarium for $4 more
- Download Preview Party schedule
Since it was Teacher Appreciation weekend at LEGOLAND California, we decided to plan a day to take the family since some friends were already going (also teachers). Amazingly, it was their first visit to LEGOLAND along with the opportunity for all of us to experience Ninjago World and Ninjago The Ride.
We decided to start our day off checking out the LEGOLAND Hotel. Since all of the kids had previously stayed at this fabulous hotel, their first request – we HAVE to dance in the elevator. Seriously, on every visit, they want to make a quick pit stop at the hotel. Also gives the parents a chance to check out rates and make future plans.
Next, we headed straight to Ninjago World. We couldn’t wait to experience Ninjago The Ride since I’ve heard so much about it. Since the ride recently opened a few weeks ago, I expected a long wait. However, I was pleasantly surprised that we only had to wait for 30 minutes and the line moved quickly with mazes and things for the kids to do along the way. Then the ride – check it out:
We loved it! The kids loved that they turned into Ninjas and the parents loved the competition. Sorry, it’s not the greatest recording of the ride – I just couldn’t help myself. I couldn’t sit there, on the ride without throwing a fireball or two.
The rest of the day was sharing the fun of LEGOLAND with our friends. Top attractions for all the kids – Star Wars Land and the roller coasters – The Dragon and Paraoh’s Revenge. I was so surprised at my kids! They are very timid when it comes to roller coasters, but with their friends there, they were inspired to take on these speeding coasters and LOVED it! Hooray, I think we finally have coaster riders.
Planning on adding LEGOLAND to your summer? Visit their website to find out information on current prices, hours and more: http://www.legoland.com/.