Knott’s Annual Boysenberry Festival is coming, and you’re not going to want to miss it. The spring time celebration returns March 20th and extends through April 19th. This year’s festival will feature more than 75 unique boysenberry-inspired creations crafted by the Knott’s culinary team and will feature some of my favorites including boysenberry elote, Grilled boysenberry sausage on a freshly baked roll topped with boysenberry ketchup, and boysenberry cajun shrimp over grits.
This year, guests will have the opportunity to indulge in a tantalizing line up of dishes ranging from savory foods with a boysenberry twist, to one-of-a-kind specialty desserts and drinks that can only be found at Knott’s Berry Farm during this time of the year. The best way to make the most of the Knott’s Berry Farm’s Boysenberry Festival is the tasting card, priced at $40, or $38 for season passholders. The tasting card will offer eight tastings from a selection of 26 boysenberry-inspired dishes and drinks (listed below). A variety of signature boysenberry items will also be available for purchase a la carte. Tasting cards are available at Knotts.com or at the theme park.
This year’s event will introduce an entirely new food lineup featuring a selection of 26 food and drink tasting items that includes:
- Boysenberry Mimosa – Wagon Wheel
- Boysenberry Basil Lemonade – Sutter’s Booth
- Boysenberry Beer cheese soup with a boysenberry drizzle topped with brown butter croutons – Wilderness Dance Hall
- Brussel sprouts topped with oysenberry balsamic and bacon – Pemmican Pickle Booth
- Beef tips served with boysenberry mashed potatoes – Spur’s Chophouse
- Boysenberry chicken mole on cilantro rice – Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Boysenberry Sangria – Wilderness Broiler
- Boysenberry cajun shrimp over grits – Spurs Chophouse
- Boysenberry BBQ chicken drumsticks – Spurs Booth
- Boysenberry steak chili with a boysenberry cornbread muffin – Pemmican Pickle Booth
- Samosa’s with boysenberry chutney – Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Pork Bao bun dumpling with a boysenberry kimchi and Nam pla – Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Boysenberry ceviche with crispy tortilla chips – Wilderness Broiler
- Boysenberry smoothie – Silver Bullet Booth
- Homemade crunchy chips with boysenberry onion dip – Wilderness Broiler
- Boysenberry sausage in a bun – Wilderness Dance Hall
- Elote rolled in boysenberry mayo topped with a boysenberry tortilla crumble and cotija cheese – Chow House Booth
- Mac and cheese bites with a boysenberry ketchup – Calico Fry Co.
- Glazed donut holes served with boysenberry ice cream and topped with boysenberry coulis – Ghost Town Bakery
- Boysenberry bread pudding topped with boysenberry coulis and anglaise sauce – Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Pastrami sandwich on a pretzel bun with boysenberry mustard – Wilderness Broiler
- Boysenberry macaron, a sensational French dessert – Ghost Town Bakery
- Churros powdered with boysenberry sugar – Silver Bullet Booth #1
- Boysenberry Cookiewich – Silver Bullet Dip n’ Dots
- Boysenberry Beer – Sutter’s Booth
- Boysenberry Wine – Sutter’s Booth
- Boysenberry Mimosa at Wagon Wheel
I had several favorite dishes that I would start of my tasting card with every time, #1 being the boysenberry cajun shrimp served over a bed of buttery grits. A savory rich flavor with grits with the texture of mashed potatoes, I could make a meal out of this dish. I also LOVED the brussel sprouts that were drizzled with a boysenberry sauce, loaded with bacon and the boysenberry elote.
There are additional boysenberry creations that are not on the Knott’s Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival tasting card, but you’re going to want to try during the festival:
- Boysenberry Pork Shawarma Tacos – Spurs Chophouse
- Boysenberry Philly Cheesesteak – Ghost Town Grill
- Mega Boysenberry Cheeseburger Pasty – Ghost Town Grill
- Boysenberry Chicken Mole on Cilantro Rice – Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Boysenberry Smoothie – Silver Bullet Booths
- Boysenberry Cookiewich – Silver Bullet Dip n’ Dots
- Boysenberry & Strawberry Boba – Gourmet Coffee Hut
- Popcorn Chicken with Boysenberry BBQ Sauce – Gourmet Coffee Hut
- Turkey Sandwich with Boysenberry Mayo – Coasters
- Boysenberry Cake Shake – Coasters
- Riblets in Boysenberry Sauce – Boardwalk BBQ
- Boysenberry Sausage & Meatball Pizza – Beachy Keen’s Pizza
- Boysenberry Dole Whip – Beachy Keen Pizza
- Boysenberry Funnel Cake topped with Boysenberry Cookie and Ice Cream – Log Ride Funnel Cake
- Funnel Cake topped with a Stuffed Donut, Boysenberry Ice Cream, and Boysenberry Whipped Cream – Log Ride Funnel Cake
- Boysenberry Stuffed Churro – Churro Factory
- Boysenberry Churro Sundae with Boysenberry Ice Cream – Churro Factory
- Boysenberry BBQ Pulled Pork Fries – La Papa Loca
- Boysenberry Tortilla Quesadilla – Cantina
- Sweet Boysenberry Tamales – Cantina
- Boysenberry Butter Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Pork Belly – Grizzly Creek Lodge
Desserts at Knott’s Berry Farm are just as amazing. While I am a BIG fan of their infamous boysenberry pie, they have some delicious sweet treats that are a must. Returning this year is the boysenberry key lime pie, a white chocolate boysenberry cheesecake and mini churro bites served with a boysenberry sauce.
Check out some of the options available during the Boysenberry Festival 2020.
Interested in sampling craft beer and wine? Purchase a Craft Beer and Wine Tasting Card for $35. This includes eight – 7oz. tastings of beer or wine, a souvenir Knott’s cup, and a cheese and nut plate.
One of the best ways to eat at Knott’s Berry Farm is the Knott’s All Season Dining – meal plan that is available as a Season Pass add on for $135. Luckily, there are several boysenberry entrees available through the meal plan:
- Boysenberry sausage and meatball pizza at Beachy Keens
- Turkey sandwich with boysenberry-cranberry mayo at Coasters Diner
- Riblets in boysenberry BBQ sauce at Boardwalk BBQ
- Boysenberry BBQ pulled pork fries at Papa Loca
- Boysenberry butter grilled cheese sandwich at Grizzly Creek Lodge
There is so many delicious treats to be tasted and will be favorites for the entire family during the Boysenberry Festival at Knott’s Berry Farm. While the festival is included with the price of admission, there is an additional cost for food tasting experiences within the event. A Regular Season Pass includes unlimited admission in 2020 to Knott’s Berry Farm with no blackout dates, and a Gold Season Pass includes unlimited admission in 2020 to both Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City Waterpark with no blackout dates. Regular passes are just $101 or five easy payments of $13.50 after an initial payment and Gold Passes are $125 or five easy payments of just $17.00 after an initial payment. Applicable taxes and fees apply. Payment plans are only available at knotts.com.