If you’re a car enthusiast like my Handsome Boy, then make your way on down to the Anaheim Convention Center this weekend (October 3 – 6, 2013) to check out the latest and greatest on four wheels at the OC Auto Show. Thursday night we had a chance to get early access to the showroom floor.
We had the opportunity to talk to Sue Carpenter, a fellow mom and a car enthusiast and writer for The OC Register. She is a longtime motorcyclist herself, and spoke to us about her passion for journalizm, parenthood and all things on wheels.
Our friends at the OC Auto Show certainly know how to entertain the munchkins. Our kids were super excited to receive these beautiful cars from Ridemakerz.
A special thank you to our friends at Ridesmakerz!!!
When we made it to the showroom floor we headed straight for Camp Jeep where we did an off roading test run. The Hubster has been eyeing the Jeep Wrangler and was even more impressed with the car after the Camp Jeep Experience. In the Camp Jeep experience, participants get to ride in a test drive obstacle course that included driving over logs, crazy obsticales and going straight up an incline.
My little man, the car afficionado that he is, wanted to get in and pretend he was racing every single make and model he saw. Check out what’s on the showroom floor:The OC Auto Show at The Anaheim Convention Center 800 West Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92802
October 3 – 6 2013
– Adults (13 & over) $10
– Senior Citizens (62 & over) $6
– Military (any DOD ID) $6
– Children (12 & under)* FREE
– Family Day (12 & under)* FREE
*Family Day is Sunday, October 6
All children 12 & under admitted
FREE with paying adult.
Have you taken your family to the show before? If you live in Orange or LA Counties, you’ve probably attended one of these events. But did you know:
- This is the 49th Auto Show in Orange County
- Fifteen automotive brands have offices in Orange County, and the county is home to more design houses and exhibit builders than anywhere in the U.S.
- When move-in is complete, more than 500 brand new vehicles from more than 30 manufacturers.
- More than 100 vehicles are available for test drives ths year, including several hybrids and all-electric vehicles.
- Attendees can’t buy a car at the show; it’s a chance to explore more than 500 vehicles on the floor in a non-selling environment.
- Every ticket holder receives a year long subscription to Motor Trend Magazine for FREE
- Cupholders are one of the most frequently checked out features in vehicles at the show.
What’s in it for the Kids?
- Camp Jeep Anaheim – Kids can test their abililities while driving the mini Power Wheel Jeeps and enjoy a 25 foot climbing wall.
- Hometown Heroes – Display of fire, police and utility vehicles that are open for kids to climb in, sit in the driver’s seat and meet the cool service people who drive them.
- Ridemakerz RC Experience – Test drive Ridemakerz customizable, radio controled cars on a fun closed circut track.
- Daily Scavenger Hunt for Kids – With prizes for all participants.
What Auto Show Insiders Know…
- Head to the Hyndai display to catch a DJ spinning some cool tunes
- Enter for a chance to win an exotic ride in a Lamborghini at the Lamborghini Dream Ride Booth
- The Camp Jeep Off-road mountain is 18 feet high with a 35 degree incline.
- Check out the best-of-the-best classic cars in Southern California at the new “Wall of Fame” at the entrance to the show.
- Al & Ed’s Autosound wil showcase outrageous custom vehicles including a truck fully equipped with a stainless steel, propane BBQ, refrigerator, LCD television and subwoofers.
Disclaimer: We received complimentary tickets and products while covering this family fun event to share the information with our readers.