Tonight we’re getting a first hand look at The Queen Mary’s Annual CHILL. Kicking off the holiday season, CHILL returns to the majestic ship with a special opening night of festivities including the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony, hosted by Pitch Perfect 2 star, Chrissie Fit, and Teen Choice Award nominee, New District, with help from Santa Claus. Open select dates through January 8, 2017 CHILL is Southern California’s coolest holiday adventure complete with ice-skating, ice tubing, swingin’ sleigh rides, visits with Santa, gingerbread decorating and the all-new interactive attraction, Alice in Winterland.
This year at CHILL, enjoy the tale of Alice in Winterland, a 14,000-square foot walk-through adventure. Follow Alice and friend on an adventure into the Hall of Doors, the White Rabbit’s Kitchen, Mad Hatter’s Work Shop, the infamous Tea Party, Hedge Maze, Caterpillar Garden and the newest addition to the beloved story, Queen of Diamonds.
While the Winterland is quite cold, CHILL at The Queen Mary offers parka’s for the entire family. I’d still recommend dressing for the occasion in pants, sweaters, gloves and scarves.
Additional activities at CHILL include:
- Glacier Glide: Grab a tube and barrel down the 150-foot, two-story Tubing Run.
- Magic Mushroom Martini Bar: NEW Experience a one-of-a-kind interactive bar with RFID technology featuring Winterland Vodka Flights and Magical Martinis.
- The Looking Glass Ice Skating Rink: Lace up some ice skates and glide upon a 6000 square foot outdoor ice skating rink under the stars.
- Letters & Visits with Santa: Visit North Pole Post to pen letters to Santa and capture memories with him in the Claus Cottage.
- Santa’s Stocking Stop: Test your trimming skills with Crafty the Elf by trimming your very own stocking
- Mrs. C’s Sips and Stories: Build the ultimate hot coco in a souvenir mug at the Cocoa toppings bar and nestle up with Mrs. Claus for story time.
- Candy Lane Bounce House
- The World’s Largest Rocking Horse ride
- Snow flurries throughout the day: 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm
- Holly Grove: Take photos in front of the larger than life CHILL Christmas Tree while taking in the sounds of the season on North Pole Point Stage
- Gingerbread House: Decorate Gingerbread with Ginny the Gingerbread and The Singing Baker each hour.
- Tinsel Toy & Paint: Paintball Shooting Gallery
- Polar Express 4-D Experience in The Queen Mary’s state of the art 4-D theater
- Start your Saturday morning with Pajama Breakfast with Santa in Royal Salon on the Promenade of Trees aboard the ship from 9am – 12pm. Decorate gingerbread, photos and stories with Santa, live entertainment, carolers and more!
ALICE IN WINTERLAND AT THE QUEEN MARY’S CHILL
1126 Queens Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90802
Tickets are now available:
Select dates and times from November 23, 2016 to January 8, 2017
Ticket Info & Pricing:
Adult General Admission (ages 12+) starts at $39.99 online
Child General Admission (ages 4-11) starts at $29.99 online
Skating $15 (includes skate rental)
March Hare Hideaways start at $99.00
Holiday Date Night for two starts at $69.99
Family-5-pack starts at $149.99
E.L.F. (Express Lane Fast) Pass starts at $15.00
Breakfast with Santa starting at $19.99
Additional experience upgrades available onsite starting at $5.00
About the Queen Mary
Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. The Queen Mary’s signature restaurants include the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar as well as a weekly Champagne Sunday Brunch served in the ship’s Grand Salon. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Glory Days tour, guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends show, and the ship is currently featuring the renowned Diana: Legacy of a Princess exhibit and Tea Room. The Queen Mary features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall. The Queen Mary boasts 314 staterooms including nine full suites. For more information or for reservations, see www.queenmary.com or call (800) 437-2934. The Queen Mary is located at 1126 Queens Highway in Long Beach.